Make a decadent everyday brunch or after school snack of roasted cauliflower burrito bowls just kind of the best thing ever? Definitely 50% magic. The other 50% is split between. Tap into seasonal ingredients and don't be shy to visit the corners of your local fruit and veg store or market that tend to gather cobwebs. Here we jump on the trend bandwagon to explore the current fascination for flowers in food - and the result - oh-so-pretty, of course!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- half of a small onion, chopped
- juice of 2 limes + more wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 avocado your favorite hot sauce for topping
Rice: Cook the rice according to package directions. Cauliflower: Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and half of the taco seasoning. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through to prevent burning.
Beans: Combine the black beans, water, and remaining taco seasoning in a small saucepan. Bring to a low simmer. Mash the black beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture starts to get creamy. It should continue to thicken as it stays over medium low heat.
Pico: Toss the tomatoes, onion, limes, and cilantro together to make a pico de gallo. Season with salt. The Moment of Glory: Build a big bowl with rice, refried beans, corn, pico de gallo, avocado, and a lime wedge. Top the bowl with your roasted cauliflower and add your hot sauce if you want!